Wednesday, November 25, 2015

The Legends of Ladonia: Chapter Four

  Bloom closed her locker and headed for the school library, she volunteered there after school.  She was humming to herself, everyone was gone except maybe a couple teachers packing up in there classrooms, and probably Mrs. S, so she wasn't really paying attention to her surroundings.
 She heard someone turning pages in a book behind her and turned around to see who was there.
  Two girls, one with blonde hair and one with brown, stood over a pile of books giggling.
  "Um, sorry, but the library's closed."  The blonde girl smiled at her, "We know," she continued flipping through one of the book, "Oooh!  Liz, look!  It's Derik!"  The brown haired girl, Liz, pointed to the page, "And there's Jake!"
  They were silent for a moment, Bloom was about to try telling them to please leave, when they both screamed.
  Bloom jumped, "W-what is it!?"  Liz looked at the other girl, "GRACIE!!  OH. MY. GOSH.  I simply cannot handle Joey's HOTNESS!!!"
  Bloom frowned, "I'm sorry, but no one's supposed to be in here after 4:00."
  Liz crossed her arms, "Gosh!  Can you not have mercy on two fangirls.  Besides, you're one yourself, are you not?"
  Bloom blinked, "What?"  Gracie closed the book, which happened to be a middle school yearbook, "Liz!  Don't be rude!  Hi!  I'm Gracie, this is Liz.  We'll be leaving soon, we just need to finish up some research."
  Bloom sighed, "Well...  Only for a little while, but only because I'm here, but you can't be here after I leave!"
  She continued stacking the books on the shelves.  She could hear Liz and Gracie whispering to each other.
  "O.M.G.," Liz whispered, "that was SO weird..."  The two giggled for a minute, then she heard Gracie sigh, "I can't wait to see myself..."
  What on earth are they talking about?  Never mind them, Bloom, you have to hurry so you can get home and study!
  "You know," Liz continued, "that's sounds really weird out loud."  The two giggled excessively for a couple minutes, then whispered quieter and she could no longer hear them.
  She finished her job then turned around, "Well, I have to leave so-"  She realized they'd already left, but they, however, did not clean up all the books they were going through.
  She sighed and set her bag back down and went to clean up.  It was all middle school year books from Farono Middle School...  She frowned and glanced over at the rest of the books, which were just a bunch of random different books.
  She frowned, confused, but cleaned them up and left.

...

  Chase yawned and opened his eyes, he was sitting in a chair with his face in a book.  He looked around, he was in the school library.  He glanced at his watch, it was 5:00, the library closed at 4:00.  He got up and headed for the door, he realized he'd forgotten his bag and went back to the table.
  He got his bag, then looked down at the table were an old musty book was that he swore wasn't there before.  He picked it up and brushed the dust off the cover.

Legends of Ladonia

  He assumed it was just a kid's fairytale book, but something about it intriqued him.  He glanced around, then shoved it in his bag and left.
  He bumped into Bloom outside, who gasped thinking she was alone.  "Sorry," he said, "I didn't mean to scare you!"  She laughed, "Oh, it's fine, what were you doing here so late?"  He smiled, "I was just in the library, but I guess I fell asleep or something."
  She brushed a piece of hair behind her ear and rocked back on her heels, "Um, well, I-"  He cut her off, "Um, you wanna hang out sometime?"
  She blinked, staring at him, "Oh.  Um, sure...?"  He blushed, he didn't mean to say that out loud, "I mean, to study..."  She nodded nervously, "Well, I gotta get home.  I'll see ya'!"  He waved and watched her go.
  Later that night, Chase was sitting at his desk when his watch started beeping.  He glanced down, he smiled proudly, Jess hadn't called him for a mission in a long time.
  He hurried down the stairs, but his grandfather stopped him, "It's late.  Where are you going?"  Chase skidded to a stop, "I've got a run, Aunt Jess needs me!"
  He grabbed his shoulder, "When are you gonna stop with those silly missions?"  Chase frowned, trying not to show his anger, "They're not silly missions, people are counting on me to save their lives.  I gotta go!"  He let go of him, narrowing his eyes as he left. narrowing his eyes as he left.
  Chase got to the diner where he was supposed to make an exchange with a spy from ASA, he didn't know what he was exchanging, but he did know not to ask questions.
  He stopped outside the diner and made sure he still had the pouch, he looked inside and noticed Bloom and a guy were sitting at a booth next to the window.
  He watched them for a minute, then went inside.  He looked around, but didn't see a man in a red coat like Jess said he would.  Bloom looked up as he passed, "Chase?" 
  Chase turned around, "Oh, hey!" 
  The guy she was with frowned, "You know that nerd?"  Bloom crossed her arms, "Nick!  He's not a nerd!"  She second-guessed herself for a moment, then smiled at Chase, "How are you?"
  He put his hands in his pockets, suddenly very uncomfortable, "Good, you?"
  "I'm good."  There was an awkward moment of silence, then Chase realized that he probably shouldn't be standing there still, "Um, see you later!"  Bloom waved and he walked off to wait at a table.
  He ordered a cheesesteak so he didn't look suspicious and texted Jess that there was no one there.  A second later, before she could respond a man with a gun and a red jacket walked in, "Nobody move!"
  Chase sighed, he didn't know how to take care of this without anyone suspecting him.
  He had to make it hard, didn't he?
  Bloom gasped and Nick looked around nervously.  Everyone looked on the verge of chaos, one man stood up and the spy fired the gun.
  Chase darted forward and shoved the man out of the way, someone yelled out for someone to call the cops.  Bloom got her phone out, the spy walked over to her, "Drop the phone, kid!"  Bloom gasped and dropped her phone.
  Chase sat back down and pressed the button that signaled to Jess that he needed backup, he could handle this guy easily, but not without making a scene.
  The guy was doing something behind the counter, while a new guy held a gun to all the people in the diner.  A couple minutes of silence later, a bunch of policemen ran in and took control of it.  Chase couldn't help but feel ashamed that he failed, maybe if he were paying attention he could've handled the matter before it became serious.
  The policemen arrested the spy with the gun, but the other one jumped out from behind the counter and shot three of the five policemen.  A bunch of people screamed and there were like five minutes of chaos, and another policeman got shot and was bleeding on the ground, and Bloom screamed someone's name and started to run to the policeman.
  Out of instinct, Chase grabbed her arm, "No!"  The spy shot around and fired, Bloom screamed and Chase grabbed her waist and pulled her away as the bullet scraped her arm.
  Nick ran up and everything was in chaos and Chase pulled Bloom out the backdoor, "It's okay, look at me, you're gonna be okay!"  Bloom bit her lip and clutched her arm.
  Nick knelt down next to them, "I got this, lay off."  Chase slowly backed up and Bloom looked up at Nick, "Nick, he saved my life, cut him some slack!"  Nick looked back at Chase, "I'm sorry...  What can I say?  Thanks, man."  He slapped him a little too hard on the shoulder, then turned his attention back to Bloom.
  Bloom looked up at Chase, "Thank you, you saved my life..."  Chase shrugged, "I did what anyone would've done."  Bloom smiled at him, "Well, thank you."
  He looked out over the bush they were hiding behind, "I'll get you to a hospital as soon as this all clears up, you gonna be okay?"  Bloom nodded, "It's not that bad, really, it just scraped my arm."  Chase ripped off a piece of his shirt and tied it tightly around her arm, ignoring her comment.
  Nick narrowed his eyes and stood up, "I'm not waiting for this to clear up, I can take care of her myself.  Thanks for saving her life, but I can take it from here." 
  Bloom started to protest, but Nick picked her up, Chase jumped, "Wait, no!"
  Nick ran out there before he could stop him, within a second he heard a gunshot and flew out there, pushed Nick down and dragged them into the woods, he pulled Bloom up off of him, "Are you okay!?"  She nodded, "Yeah, I'm-"  She covered her mouth when she saw Nick.
  His white shirt was soaked with red at the side and he lay shaking on the ground.  Chase carefully turned him over, and examined the wound.  Unless he could get him to a hospital right this second, which was impossible, he was out of luck.
  He slowly turned to Bloom who had her hands over her face, her wide eyes glinting with tears in the darkness.
  
...

  Bloom felt Nick pick her up off the ground, and Chase yell for him to stop, but he'd already ran from their hiding spot.
  Before she could protest, she heard the gunshot.  She screamed and felt herself get pulled backward and next she knew, she was lying on the ground, Nick below her and Chase's arms around them.
  Here ears were ringing, but she heard Chase saying something, she started to say she was fine, when she looked behind her to see Nick. 
  Blood was seeping through his shirt and he was shaking, his eyes filled with tears.  She closed her eyes, her stomach turning.
  She saw Chase turn him over and he was saying something to her, but she couldn't process the words.  >
  Chassse stood upup and grabbed her shoulder, saying something, then everything got fuzzy and turned black.
  She opened her eyes to see she was in a hospital bed, she couldn't remember what happened, then it all hit her at once.  She turned over and saw Chase was sitting next to her, "Is Nick okay..?"  
  He gave her a sympathetic look and slowly shook his head, "I'm sorry..."
  She covered her mouth, she couldn't believe this was happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment